- About Awesome
The Awesome Foundation started in the summer of 2009 in Boston with a simple goal: putting our modest incomes to work making our community awesomer.
After the success of the Boston Awesome Foundation, the Grand Rapids chapter was formed and we awarded our first grant in November 2011.
The basic model is this: Each month 10 budding philanthropists join forces and chip-in $100 each to make a pot of $1,000. They meet and decide (using whatever voting system they desire) which of a series of applicants is most awesome and, therefore, deserving of the cash. The money is given without strings attached and any kind of project can be funded. The only criterion is that the project is AWESOME!
What is Awesome? [ Here are some hints ]:
1. Newness – Is this idea totally new?
2. Niceness – Is this idea one that makes people happy or helps people?
3. Bigness/Inclusion – Potential to reach many people – Can anybody join?
4. Hilarity – Does it make us laugh?
5. Wow-ness – Does it make us say “Holy crap, that’s Awesome”?
6. Utility – Does the $1k make the difference between the project happening or not?
7. Value – Is the Awesome Foundation getting a real “Bang for its buck”?
8. Staying Power – Can the project endure? Will it start a movement, annual event?
9. Environmental Impact – Needless waste is not Awesome.
That’s it. Spread the awesome.
Next Submission Deadline...
…We Accept Awesome Donations!
For more information, please contact us @…firstname.lastname@example.org